CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS
Ride ‘Em Cowboy … or Cowgirl (LGBTQ romance)
Deadline: February 28, 2018
Payment: 50% net royalties from all channels, to be paid quarterly
Contract: 2 years exclusive, auto-renews
NOTE: This isn’t an anthology; the stories will be released as individual ebooks with unique covers.
We are looking for queer romance and erotic romance stories featuring cowboys — and cowgirls. Of course, this includes rustlers, outlaws, and bandits, cattle barons and ranchers and hired hands hauling hay. But we’d also like to see sexy men and women riding in rodeos and breaking broncos, traveling the dusty roads as stagecoach drivers or country singers, maybe even a saloon owner or patron (or two).
Then there are the stories about cowboys that aren’t strictly historical or western. Steampunk, science fiction, paranormal, fantasy … as long as your character has that ephemeral and hard-to-define cowboy attitude, we want to read about it!
The story can contain any LGBTQ pairing in any subgenre, but the main characters must be involved in a romance (sweet or erotic).
- Stories must be between 12,000 words or longer
- Stories must contain a romance — any heat level, from sweet to erotic
- Romantic pairing must be LGBTQ (including but not limited to gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender, asexual, and pansexual)
- At least one main character must be a cowboy or cowgirl
- Stories may be any subgenre (contemporary, historical, paranormal, etc.) — they don’t necessarily have to be westerns
- Stories must have a HEA or HFN ending
- Adult stories only (no YA)
All stories submitted must adhere to the general guidelines found on our website. We do not consider multiple or simultaneous submissions. Reprints will be considered only if the author holds exclusive rights to republish.
HOW TO SUBMIT:
Please follow our submission guidelines on our site to submit the story. Submissions over 40,000 words must include a chapter-by-chapter synopsis.
We will acknowledge submissions within 1 day and have a response to you within 4 business days.