CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS
What’s Your Sign? (LGBTQ romance)
Deadline: March 31, 2018
Payment: 50% net royalties from all channels, to be paid quarterly
Contract: 2 years exclusive, auto-renews
NOTE: This isn’t an anthology; the stories will be released as individual ebooks with unique covers.
We are looking for queer romance and erotic romance stories which include horoscopes or astrological signs in some way. It can be the Western astrology you’re probably already familiar with — sun signs, or the signs of the zodiac — or it could be any other astrological tradition, such as Chinese or Egyptian.
Paranormal stories are welcome, of course, but we’re also interested in stories in which astrology somehow plays a part. Maybe a young woman looking for love finds it in the unexpected embrace of a lovely fortune teller. Or a horoscope predicts love between two men in the best possible way. Or maybe that age-old pickup line, “What’s your sign?” really works for once.
NOTE: The astrological sign does not have to be in the title of your story.
The story can contain any LGBTQ pairing in any subgenre, but the main characters must be involved in a romance (sweet or erotic).
- Stories must be between 12,000 words or longer
- Stories must contain a romance — any heat level, from sweet to erotic
- Romantic pairing must be LGBTQ (including but not limited to gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender, asexual, and pansexual)
- The romance must somehow involve astrology or horoscopes — how much of a role it plays in the story is up to you
- Stories may be any subgenre (contemporary, historical, paranormal, etc.)
- Stories must have a HEA or HFN ending
- Adult stories only (no YA)
All stories submitted must adhere to the general guidelines found on our website. We do not consider multiple or simultaneous submissions. Reprints will be considered only if the author holds exclusive rights to republish.
HOW TO SUBMIT:
Please follow our submission guidelines on our site to submit the story. Submissions over 40,000 words must include a chapter-by-chapter synopsis.
We will acknowledge submissions within 1 day and have a response to you within 4 business days.