CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS
Opposites Attract (LGBTQ romance)
Deadline: January 31, 2018
Payment: 50% net royalties from all channels, to be paid quarterly
Contract: 2 years exclusive, auto-renews
NOTE: This isn’t an anthology; the stories will be released as individual ebooks with unique covers.
We are looking for queer romance and erotic romance stories featuring two (or more!) characters who are complete opposites, but who fall in love anyway. Think people from different walks of life, different careers, even different colleges or opposing sports teams. Whatever it is that opens a gulf between them ultimately turns out to be what attracts them to each other.
Maybe a city slicker swaps his business suits for jeans and flannel when he meets the man of his dreams in the country. Or neighbors with different tastes in music connect even though each thinks the other listens to garbage. Or Mr. Type A falls for a laid back, relaxed coworker who shows him there’s more to life than getting ahead. Or a buff jock falls for a nerdy Poindexter. Or a straight-and-narrow policewoman collars a serial burglar who steals her heart.
The story can contain any LGBTQ pairing in any subgenre, but the main characters must be involved in a romance (sweet or erotic) and they must be opposites in some way who are attracted to each other despite their differences.
- Stories must be between 12,000 words or longer
- Stories must contain a romance — any heat level, from sweet to erotic
- Romantic pairing must be LGBTQ (including but not limited to gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender, asexual, and pansexual)
- Stories must involve opposites in some way who are attracted to each other despite their differences
- Stories may be any subgenre (contemporary, historical, paranormal, etc.)
- Stories must have a HEA or HFN ending
- Adult stories only (no YA)
All stories submitted must adhere to the general guidelines found on our website. We do not consider multiple or simultaneous submissions. Reprints will be considered only if the author holds exclusive rights to republish.
HOW TO SUBMIT:
Please follow our submission guidelines on our site to submit the story. Submissions over 40,000 words must include a chapter-by-chapter synopsis.
We will acknowledge submissions within 1 day and have a response to you within 4 business days.